Building Bridges for Student Success: A Sourcebook for Colleges and Universities
The Sourcebook provides an outlet for the ever expanding body of knowledge within the higher education community of practice working to improve student success at our institutions. Our hope is that the Sourcebook will be a starting place for comprehensive discussion of current issues and practices on college and university campuses.
We created this dynamic publication to grow over time in order to reflect the changing climate in higher education. To date, the book includes five parts, divided into 34 chapters and written by 70 higher education professionals. The Sourcebook may be purchased in individual chapters or parts, or you may select the full book. See Table of Contents and a Sourcebook Overview.
This book is a cooperative effort made possible by the contributions of your colleagues. Just as they have shared with you, we hope you will consider sharing with them.
CSRDE designed the Sourcebook to provide higher education practitioners and researchers with resources for influencing student success. It was first published in 2013 by the Consortium for Student Retention Data Exchange and edited by Gerry McLaughlin, Richard Howard, Josetta McLaughlin and William E. Knight. The current editor is Julie Noble. Mardy Eimers and Brad Patterson are associate editors. The associate editors for the 2021 release were Anne Edmunds Aguirre and Jane Zeff.
Our newest edition of the Sourcebook was released in April 2021.
New chapters include:
- A Little Becomes a Lot: Advancing a Model of Microaffirmations for Student Success by Cynthia Demetriou, University of Arizona, James M. Ellis, University of Michigan, C. Huerta-Bapat, University of North Carolina, and Candice Powell, University of North Carolina
- A Noncognitive Assessment Roadmap to College Student Success by Becky L. Bobek, ACT, Jason Way, ACT, and Maria Ofelia Z. San Pedro, ACT
- Measuring Student Success at the Institutional Level by Gary Boden, University of Rhode Island
PURCHASE THE SOURCEBOOK
- The Sourcebook may be purchased in full or as individual chapters or parts.
- CSRDE members receive a 25% discount.